- This is probably the only place in the world that can make me look like a country cousin. Everyone is wearing the latest fashion and looks super busy staring off into the distance while walking on the streets.
- The only place where they make me feel my English is Old World. Just fixed up a meeting with someone who actually said " When you come into town give me a shout and we will hook up." I thought only 16 year olds used words like that. Silly me !
- People are on time or call up when they are late. (rare in Delhi)
- People here call a 20 ft by 20ft patch of grass a park. (ha ! ha!)
- I get to re learn the stations on the Western Line.
- They think people from Delhi wear printed kurtas, jeans and have unshaven beards. (That's in Kolkata, folks !)
- I get to ask my friends silly questions like - Why are you staying here? Why not in Chembur?
- I get to read another paper during the day. (Although even Delhi has its edition of Midday now)
- Think that travelling to town area on Sunday (no traffic you see) as a major expedition to another planet.
Will keep you updated on my feelings and new discoveries about Mumbai.